Have you ever woken up but by around 2pm you realize that you never really “woke up?” You’re feeling like a zombie because you never really did shake off sleep. You feel like a fish out of water…
How to shake off sleep…
- Wash your face with cold water- If you are outside of the home and you can get to a sink, just splash some water on your face. This will do wonders to wake you up.
- Do some stretches- trying not to yawn, just do some basic stretches to get the blood flowing better. Increase air to your lungs by placing your hands behind your head and pulling your elbows backward.
- Drink some water- guzzling water seems to help me real quick and of course H2O is amazing for your mind and body. Cold water may be best if you’re extremely tired. Then splash some on your face if that doesn’t work. 😉
- Find something that makes you laugh- No seriously, laughing wakes you up! I mean have you ever noticed when you can’t sleep, you tend to laugh at everything, so try it in reverse. Find something funny on YouTube. I recommend LizaKoshy.
- Do some random exercises- Yes, any type of exercise, movement, workout! Just get up and dance around, even for a few moments. If you’re sitting at a desk, just move what you can.
Hopefully these little tricks will wake you up and help shake off sleep!
So, I know this blog is all about speaking life online and motivating others, but right now, I’m feeling a bit meh! Uh, I think I even have the wrong Emoji plugged in because this one is looking more sad and pitiful. I’m not really feeling sad or pitiful, just a little, well, meh. I know that things will look up and that life is full of challenges, changes, and ups and downs, so ultimately I’m not going to let anything get the best of me.
Okay, so here comes the motivating part. All of us go through times of struggle, anxiety, confusion, or even depression, however, the way we deal with these times and circumstances is what gets us through and builds us up. I’d like to think of it as moments used to build character, step outside of ourselves, rely on the strength of our creator, and time to reflect and redirect. With all of that being said, I for one feel better already and I hope that I have encouraged someone else as well. So, just hold on, and hold out because although things may not be as you wish this moment, things do and always will change. Keep pressing forward and keep each other lifted. May God bless and keep you all in His perfect peace!
I am so excited to introduce my new audio book, Equal Justice: The Courage of Ada Sipuel. I had a blast narrating this wonderful memoir about the life of a great civil rights leader that many of us may have never even known about. The author, William Bernhardt does an amazing job outlining the events and obstacles in the life of Ada Louis Sipuel Fisher as she applied for admission into law school in order to challenge the state’s segregation laws and to become a lawyer. She faced many setbacks and fought against the “separate but equal” laws of her time… I believe you all will enjoy listening to this story as much as I enjoyed narrating it! Thank you in advance for your support and happy listening!!
Just as I did with my last two special offers for audiobooks on Audible.com: Weight Loss Smoothies: 45 Delicious Smoothie Recipes to Lose Weight and Get Healthy and “Obesity: Discover The Secrets For Successful Weight Loss That Include Details Of Why Obesity Is So Unhealthy And How You Can Easily Lose Excess Weight”, I am offering 3 free downloads of this audiobook to the first three people who email me and ask for it. I will provide you with the promo code. The instructions are easy and are as follows…
1. Go to my book’s page on Audible.com: Equal Justice: The Courage of Ada Sipuel
2. Add the audiobook to your cart.
3. If you are prompted to sign in, please create a new Audible.com account or log in. Otherwise, proceed by clicking “Do you have a promotional code?” beneath the cover artwork of the audiobook.
4. Enter the promo code, and click “Apply Code.”
5. A credit for the audiobook will be added to your account. Click the box next to “1 Credit” and click the “Update” button to apply the credit to the purchase.
6. After you select “1 Credit” and click “Update” to modify your shopping cart, the price for the audiobook will change to $0.00. You may proceed through the checkout by clicking “Next Step” and “Complete Purchase” on the subsequent page.
If you happen to miss being one of the first 3 people to email and receive the codes, no worries, You can still download a Free Audiobook when you sign up for Audible 30 day free trial
Motivation is the driving force behind the who, what, when, where, and why we do what we do in any given circumstance. According to Wikipedia, motivation “gives the reason for people’s actions, desires, and needs. Motivation can also be defined as one’s direction to behavior, or what causes a person to want to repeat a behavior and vice versa.” Many times, I have asked myself, what is my motivation whenever I am trying something new, would like to accomplish a goal, or wondering why I am even attempting to do something different.
I am sure we all have those moments in time when it is more challenging to find motivation than other times. I have found that the following 10 steps have helped me get motivated and perhaps can help you at some point as well.
How to find motivation…
Take a moment to just sit still, relax, and meditate.
Reflect on what you have already accomplished.
Think about what you would like to accomplish next.
Make a list of short-term goals.
Make a list of long-term goals.
Listen to some soft instrumental music, nature sounds, and/or worship songs.
Read the Bible.
Speak Life, saying what you can and will do.
Repeat as much as necessary.
These are just my personal 10 steps that I find motivating in determining my motivation many times in life. These 10 steps are suggestive and what has worked for me personally in the past. I am not a doctor, scientist, theologian, or any type of guru, but I just want to share what helps me in my times of needing to find my motivation. I hope it will help someone else.