Have you ever woken up but by around 2pm you realize that you never really “woke up?” You’re feeling like a zombie because you never really did shake off sleep. You feel like a fish out of water…
How to shake off sleep…
- Wash your face with cold water- If you are outside of the home and you can get to a sink, just splash some water on your face. This will do wonders to wake you up.
- Do some stretches- trying not to yawn, just do some basic stretches to get the blood flowing better. Increase air to your lungs by placing your hands behind your head and pulling your elbows backward.
- Drink some water- guzzling water seems to help me real quick and of course H2O is amazing for your mind and body. Cold water may be best if you’re extremely tired. Then splash some on your face if that doesn’t work. 😉
- Find something that makes you laugh- No seriously, laughing wakes you up! I mean have you ever noticed when you can’t sleep, you tend to laugh at everything, so try it in reverse. Find something funny on YouTube. I recommend LizaKoshy.
- Do some random exercises- Yes, any type of exercise, movement, workout! Just get up and dance around, even for a few moments. If you’re sitting at a desk, just move what you can.
Hopefully these little tricks will wake you up and help shake off sleep!
Does anyone know who originally stated this quote… positivity breeds positivity? If you know or find out, please let me know so that I can give credit to whom credit is due.
I often say this and truly believe it. Positivity definitely is the catalyst for a healthy life. In my original post, I let you all know that healthy living is what this blog centers around and how healthiness is not just about eating healthy and exercising. I recently came across this positivity blog that has a post of several motivating quotes that I think are extremely helpful and inspiring. Think on these things and how being positive will lead to more positive outcomes in all areas of your life. Happy Friday y’all!
I am so excited to be on this new adventure and I would love for you to join me in some aspect or another. Whether it be through reading my post, commenting, asking questions, giving advice, or sharing your stories, I believe we are all here to help each other.
Life to me is all about, love, laughter, and the pursuit of happiness. What do you love, what makes you laugh, and how can you be happy? These are questions that I am sure most, if not all, of you that have come to this site have pondered. One thing for sure, I know that having a healthy lifestyle makes all of the above easier to obtain and maintain. Actually, for me anyways, these three elements of life are a vital part of a healthy lifestyle.
Many people think that healthy only means exercising and eating properly. Healthy consist of more than just our physical health. How are we mentally, spiritually, emotionally, financially? Are we merely existing? Do we have a purpose? Is there more that we can be doing? These and a host of other questions will be examined throughout this journey.
My hopes are to encourage, motivate, and inspire others and in turn receive some encouragement, motivation, and inspiration for myself. We are all in this thing called life together, so why not work together to make it better. I look forward to hearing from you and you hearing from me as much as possible.
Continue reading “How to Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle”