How to shake off sleep…
- Wash your face with cold water- If you are outside of the home and you can get to a sink, just splash some water on your face. This will do wonders to wake you up.
- Do some stretches- trying not to yawn, just do some basic stretches to get the blood flowing better. Increase air to your lungs by placing your hands behind your head and pulling your elbows backward.
- Drink some water- guzzling water seems to help me real quick and of course H2O is amazing for your mind and body. Cold water may be best if you’re extremely tired. Then splash some on your face if that doesn’t work. 😉
- Find something that makes you laugh- No seriously, laughing wakes you up! I mean have you ever noticed when you can’t sleep, you tend to laugh at everything, so try it in reverse. Find something funny on YouTube. I recommend LizaKoshy.
- Do some random exercises- Yes, any type of exercise, movement, workout! Just get up and dance around, even for a few moments. If you’re sitting at a desk, just move what you can.
Hopefully these little tricks will wake you up and help shake off sleep!